Against all odds.


You should never bet against anything in science at odds of more than about 10-12 to 1.
Every year thousands and thousands of indie movies are made. Only a sliver of these achieve any amount of success. The odds will tell you Insectula! will not make it.
But once in a while a well thought out and executed movie will succeed. I don’t know for sure how well we will do, but I do know this – the movie will find an audience.  I don’t know how big that audience is, but my gut tells me it’s bigger than most are anticipating. How can I grab the niche while trying to appeal to a larger set beyond the cult aspects? I think it can be done and this is kind of an experiment to see if my ideas prove correct.

As I've stated before I love the Asylum model of making movies, it's just that their movies are unwatchable for most. They just aren't smart or fun enough to grab a larger audience. I'm trying to make this as fun as possible to watch, and that's why it's taken me so long even with my lack of budget. Each scene must be fun enough to make the viewer want to stay for the next one. It's like a bunch of mini movies threaded together, but woven well enough that it flows as a coherent whole.

It’s a matter of how well I can put the pieces together at this point and we shall see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment